Meet your Hayner Academy/ Sports Barn Softball Staff
- Amanda is employed by the Ballston Spa Central
School District. She is currently
teaching 7th grade math at Ballston Spa Middle School.
- She has served as Ballston Spa’s
Varsity Softball Coach since 2013.
- 2019 Had her second team in NYS in Class A with 3 all state players
- Co-Player of the year 2019 Co-Coach of the Year for NYS Class A 2019
- State Semi-final game 20 innings long (3 hours 52 minutes long) NYS record for state championships.
- Times Union Coach of the Year 2019
- Large Schools Softball 100th Career Win came with a 3rd Sectional Championship with a 3-2 win over South Glens Falls on June 4th.
- In 2018 Amanda led Ballston Spa to a Section II class AA Title, Regional Title, and State Championship Game where they finished Number 2 in NY for class AA. Three players were named to all-state teams.
- In 2016, Amanda led Ballston Spa to the
Section II Class AA Championship, Regional Championship, and State Semi-Finals.
For her efforts Amanda was named Times
Union Coach of the Year.
- In 2017, she was named Suburban
Council Coach of the Year.
- In 2016, Amanda was named Albany Diocese
Teacher of the Year as an Elementary teacher at St. Mary's Waterford.
- Amanda served as Head Softball Coach at
Clinton County Community College in Plattsburgh '05 - '09. Amanda served as an Assistant Coach there in
- Was MVP in both her years as a
pitcher for Clinton Community College.
- She will be receiving her NASM Certification as a Personal Trainer in Mar ‘18.
- Amanda joined the Hayner Academy staff in 2010.
- Amanda is employed by the Ballston Spa Central School District. She is currently teaching 7th grade math at Ballston Spa Middle School.
- Mandy is currently an Assistant Softball Coach at Siena College.
- Was the Assistant Softball Coach at RPI for 5 seasons. In 2017 and 2018, Mandy was a part of the Coaching Staff of the Year.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Siena College.
- After her senior season in ’13, Mandy was named to the All MAAC Softball 2nd team.
- Was a 3 - year varsity softball player for Shenendehowa Central School.
- In 2008, Mandy was named Suburban Council MVP.
- In 2008, she was also selected to the First Team New York State All - State Team.
- Was a 3 sport athlete at Shenendehowa.
- Mandy joined the Hayner Academy staff in September 2015
- 2021 graduate of Eastern Nazarene College (ENC) with a dual degree in Intercultural Studies and Business Administration
- While at ENC, Hayner contributed to the softball program’s two consecutive conference championship wins as a starting centerfielder
- Named to the All-New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) first team during the 2020-2021 season.
- Named to the NECC Del Malloy Sportsmanship Team during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons
- 2021 NCAA Woman of the Year nominee
- 2021 NECC Senior Student Athlete of the Year Nominee
- Rebecca has served as an assistant coach at The Sports Barn’s various summer camps, including the Miss Shen softball camp and All Sports Camp
- Prior to college, Rebecca came up through the Miss Shen program and played for the Saratoga County Hurricanes
- Norm currently coaches the Barnstormers 15u Travel Baseball Team.
- Varsity Baseball Coach at Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake H.S. 1995 - 2000. Led Spartans to 1998 Section II Class A title, Region IV title and runner up finish at NY State final four
- Former Pitching Coach at UMass/Amherst, Siena College, Skidmore College and Schenectady C.C.
- Division I catcher and graduate of Siena College ('85).
- Earned M.S. in Sport Management at UMass/Amherst ('92)
- Former Player/Manager of Apex Printing in Albany Twilight League, achieving 3 consecutive league championships, 3 NYS AABC Stan Musial Division Titles, 1 AABC North Atlantic Regional Championship and 2 runner ups and a 3rd place finish at the 1989 Stan Musial World Series in Battle Creek, Michigan.
- Member of the Shenendehowa Athletic Hall of Fame and Albany Twilight League Hall of Fame
- Jessie is currently a full – time member of the faculty at Loudonville Christian School. Jessie teaches health and physical education. She also serves LCS as their Varsity Softball and Varsity Volleyball Coach.
- Jessie graduated from Houghton College in 2016 with a degree in Health and Physical Education.
- At Houghton, Jessie played 4 years of Varsity Softball and Volleyball and was co-captain of both programs her senior year.
- Jessie was Assistant Coach for Saratoga County Hurricanes Travel Softball Program 2015-2016
- Jessie is a 2012 graduate of Shenendehowa H.S. where she also played both varsity softball and volleyball.