Meet your Hayner Academy/ Sports Barn Softball Staff
- Amanda is employed by the Ballston Spa Central
School District. She is currently
teaching AIS Math K-5 at Gordon Creek Elementary School.
- She has served as Ballston Spa’s
Varsity Softball Coach since 2013.
- In 2016, Amanda led Ballston Spa to the
Section II Class AA Championship, Regional Championship, and State Semi-Finals.
For her efforts Amanda was named Times
Union Coach of the Year.
- In 2017, she was named Suburban
Council Coach of the Year.
- In 2016, Amanda was named Albany Diocese
Teacher of the Year as an Elementary teacher at St. Mary's Waterford.
- Amanda served as Head Softball Coach at
Clinton County Community College in Plattsburgh '05 - '09. Amanda served as an Assistant Coach there in
- Was MVP in both her years as a
pitcher for Clinton Community College.
- She will be receiving her NASM Certification as a Personal Trainer in Mar ‘18.
- Amanda joined the Hayner Academy staff in 2010.
- Amanda is employed by the Ballston Spa Central School District. She is currently teaching AIS Math K-5 at Gordon Creek Elementary School.
is currently the Assistant Softball Coach at RPI. In 2016 and 2017, Mandy helped lead RPI to
two of their best seasons finishing with 28 and 27 wins respectively.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Siena College.
- Was a 4 - year starting pitcher for the Siena Softball Team.
- After her senior season in ’13, Mandy was named to the All MAAC Softball 2nd team.
- Was a 3 - year varsity softball player for Shenendehowa Central School.
- In 2008, Mandy was named Suburban Council MVP.
- In 2008, she was also selected to the First Team New York State All - State Team.
- Mandy joined the Hayner Academy staff in September 2015
- Mandy is currently the Assistant Softball Coach at RPI. In 2016 and 2017, Mandy helped lead RPI to two of their best seasons finishing with 28 and 27 wins respectively.
- Jessie is currently a full – time member of the faculty at Loudonville Christian School. Jessie teaches health and physical education. She also serves LCS as their Varsity Softball and Varsity Volleyball Coach.
- Jessie graduated from Houghton College in 2016 with a degree in Health and Physical Education.
- At Houghton, Jessie played 4 years of Varsity Softball and Volleyball and was co-captain of both programs her senior year.
- Jessie was Assistant Coach for Saratoga County Hurricanes Travel Softball Program 2015-2016
- Jessie is a 2012 graduate of Shenendehowa H.S. where she also played both varsity softball and volleyball.
- Lexi was a 4 – year starter as an outfielder for the SUNY Geneseo Softball Team.
- Was named to the State University of New York Athletic Conference Commissioners Academic List in 2010-11 and 2011-12.
- Lexi was named to the National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-American Scholar Athlete team in 2010-11.
- She was named to the State University of New York Athletic Conference All-Tournament team in May 2012.
- Lexi is a 2009 graduate of Shenendehowa HS. While at Shen Lexi was a two- year starter on the varsity softball team. Lexi also played varsity field hockey.
- Is currently employed as a Speech-Language Pathologist at Albany City School District Grades K-5.
- Lexi graduated from SUNY Geneseo in 2013 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech and Hearing for the Handicapped. In 2015, Lexi received her Master of Science Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Norm currently coaches the Barnstormers 15u Travel Baseball Team.
- Varsity Baseball Coach at Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake H.S. 1995 - 2000. Led Spartans to 1998 Section II Class A title, Region IV title and runner up finish at NY State final four
- Former Pitching Coach at UMass/Amherst, Siena College, Skidmore College and Schenectady C.C.
- Division I catcher and graduate of Siena College ('85).
- Earned M.S. in Sport Management at UMass/Amherst ('92)
- Former Player/Manager of Apex Printing in Albany Twilight League, achieving 3 consecutive league championships, 3 NYS AABC Stan Musial Division Titles, 1 AABC North Atlantic Regional Championship and 2 runner ups and a 3rd place finish at the 1989 Stan Musial World Series in Battle Creek, Michigan.
- Member of the Shenendehowa Athletic Hall of Fame and Albany Twilight League Hall of Fame