Meet your Hayner Academy/ Sports Barn Softball Staff
- Amanda is employed by the Ballston Spa Central
School District. She is currently
teaching AIS Math K-5 at Gordon Creek Elementary School.
- She has served as Ballston Spa’s
Varsity Softball Coach since 2013.
- In 2018 Amanda led Ballston Spa to a Section II class AA Title, Regional Title, and State Championship Game where they finished Number 2 in NY for class AA. Three players were named to all-state teams.
- In 2016, Amanda led Ballston Spa to the
Section II Class AA Championship, Regional Championship, and State Semi-Finals.
For her efforts Amanda was named Times
Union Coach of the Year.
- In 2017, she was named Suburban
Council Coach of the Year.
- In 2016, Amanda was named Albany Diocese
Teacher of the Year as an Elementary teacher at St. Mary's Waterford.
- Amanda served as Head Softball Coach at
Clinton County Community College in Plattsburgh '05 - '09. Amanda served as an Assistant Coach there in
- Was MVP in both her years as a
pitcher for Clinton Community College.
- She will be receiving her NASM Certification as a Personal Trainer in Mar ‘18.
- Amanda joined the Hayner Academy staff in 2010.
- Amanda is employed by the Ballston Spa Central School District. She is currently teaching AIS Math K-5 at Gordon Creek Elementary School.
- Mandy is currently an Assistant Softball Coach at Siena College.
- Was the Assistant Softball Coach at RPI for 5 seasons. In 2017 and 2018, Mandy was a part of the Coaching Staff of the Year.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Siena College.
- After her senior season in ’13, Mandy was named to the All MAAC Softball 2nd team.
- Was a 3 - year varsity softball player for Shenendehowa Central School.
- In 2008, Mandy was named Suburban Council MVP.
- In 2008, she was also selected to the First Team New York State All - State Team.
- Was a 3 sport athlete at Shenendehowa.
- Mandy joined the Hayner Academy staff in September 2015
- 2012-2014, Meredith was the assistant softball coach at UNC-Wilmington.
- 2010-2012, Meredith was the assistant softball coach at Charleston Southern University. In both positions, Meredith’s primary responsibility was coaching the pitchers. Meredith has also instructed at softball camps at UNC, Campbell University, Wingate, NC State, University of Virginia and James Madison University.
- 2009, Meredith served as a player/coach in Germany. Meredith led her team, the Manheim Tornadoes to the German National Championship. For the season Meredith batted .387 and in the championship series she recorded two wins and two saves.
- Meredith is a 2010 graduate of James Madison University. During her standout tenure at JMU, Meredith set career records for wins, starts, complete games, ERA, strikeouts and shutouts. Meredith also set single season marks for wins, strikeouts, complete games and shutouts.
- Meredith is available on Sundays and Wednesdays for pitching, hitting and fielding lessons.
- Jessie is currently a full – time member of the faculty at Loudonville Christian School. Jessie teaches health and physical education. She also serves LCS as their Varsity Softball and Varsity Volleyball Coach.
- Jessie graduated from Houghton College in 2016 with a degree in Health and Physical Education.
- At Houghton, Jessie played 4 years of Varsity Softball and Volleyball and was co-captain of both programs her senior year.
- Jessie was Assistant Coach for Saratoga County Hurricanes Travel Softball Program 2015-2016
- Jessie is a 2012 graduate of Shenendehowa H.S. where she also played both varsity softball and volleyball.
- Norm currently coaches the Barnstormers 15u Travel Baseball Team.
- Varsity Baseball Coach at Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake H.S. 1995 - 2000. Led Spartans to 1998 Section II Class A title, Region IV title and runner up finish at NY State final four
- Former Pitching Coach at UMass/Amherst, Siena College, Skidmore College and Schenectady C.C.
- Division I catcher and graduate of Siena College ('85).
- Earned M.S. in Sport Management at UMass/Amherst ('92)
- Former Player/Manager of Apex Printing in Albany Twilight League, achieving 3 consecutive league championships, 3 NYS AABC Stan Musial Division Titles, 1 AABC North Atlantic Regional Championship and 2 runner ups and a 3rd place finish at the 1989 Stan Musial World Series in Battle Creek, Michigan.
- Member of the Shenendehowa Athletic Hall of Fame and Albany Twilight League Hall of Fame