What are Hitting Leagues?
- Our Hitting League's are a fun, competitive way to keep your hitting stroke sharp during the weeks leading up to winter training.
- Two person teams compete in a hitting competition against other teams in their age division off a pitching machine.
- A Sports Barn staff member records the value of each hit depending on the location of the hit within the batting cage.
- The team with the most points in each division at the end of the 6 weeks will be declared the winner.
- Trophies are awarded to winners of each division as well as the individual winners.
How are teams formed?
- You and one other person form your own two person team.
How many weeks does the competition last?
- Dates to be announced
How much time does it take and what times are available?
- Each team competes once per week and your hitting session will last 30 minutes.
- For ease of scheduling your team will be able to secure the same day and time each week.
- When you register you will give us your top 3 choices.
- We will schedule on a first come first serve basis:The sooner you register the better chance you'll have of securing your preferred day and time.
- Make ups will be given in the event of absence as long as advance notice is given.
What are the age/grade divisions for baseball and softball?
- AAA - Grades 11 and 12
- AA - Grades 9 and 10
- A - Grades 7 and 8
*Teams may elect to play up but cannot play down. For example: if both players are in grade 10 they can elect to play in either the AA Division or AAA Division.
**If one player's grade is 8 and the other player's is 9 then the team will have to play in the higher division.
What is the fee?
- Fees to be announced