What are Hitting Leagues?
- Our Hitting League's are a fun, competitive way to keep your hitting stroke sharp during the weeks leading up to winter training.
- Two person teams compete in a hitting competition against other teams in their age division off a pitching machine.
- A Sports Barn staff member records the value of each hit depending on the location of the hit within the batting cage.
- The team with the most points in each division at the end of the 6 weeks will be declared the winner.
- Trophies are awarded to winners of each division as well as the individual winners.
NEW FOR 2017
- Enhanced scoring system AND batted ball location measurement enables players to receive valuable feedback to determine timing issues, swing approach, bat angle patterns, etc. Our unique score sheet and metrics measurement is not only an excellent tool for in-season hitting league progress measurement but it also provides players with a great starting point for optional private or buddy lesson consultations.
How are teams formed?
- You and one other person form your own two person team.
How much time does it take and what times are available?
- Each team competes once per week and your hitting session will last 30 minutes.
- For ease of scheduling your team will be able to secure the same day and time each week.
- When you register you will give us your top 3 choices.
- We will schedule on a first come first serve basis:The sooner you register the better chance you'll have of securing your preferred day and time.
- Make ups will be given in the event of absence as long as advance notice is given.
What are the age/grade divisions for baseball and softball?
- AAA - Grades 11 and 12
- AA - Grades 9 and 10
- A - Grades 7 and 8
*Teams may elect to play up but cannot play down. For example: if both players are in grade 10 they can elect to play in either the AA Division or AAA Division.
**If one player's grade is 8 and the other player's is 9 then the team will have to play in the higher division.